Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Self Improvement

Are you one of those people who like to grow and improve yourself? I am passionate about my personal growth more now than I ever have been. My adult life has consisted of me raising my children, being a wife, and having good friends. Though my life has not been a bad one I realized shortly after turning 30 that I had not done much for personal improvement. I was stuck in a rut and needed to do something to get me out of it. At this time I had started reading more, learning new recipes, and trying new creative games with my kids. When I had started working on my self- improvement I started to notice that I was feeling like I was enjoying life more and not feeling like it was a chore. There is always something in ourselves that we can work to improve on if we think so or not. There are also many books and websites that offer great advice on how to start, it's not that hard I just started small with simple reading. It only takes a little each day to see big improvement. Or maybe have your significant other or other family members help with support. So what is self- improvement? Self- improvement is "the improvement of one's knowledge, status, or character by one's own effort". This definition tells me that the human potential is limitless, there will never be an end to self- improvement. One of my favorite quotes that I think of often is that of Earnest Hemingway "There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man, true nobility is being superior to your former self". Improving one's self opens you to new possibilities so get motivated and focus on yourself and you will notice that change.  So what are you going to do to start improving yourself?

No comments:

Post a Comment